Finally Finished Pillows

I blogged about a pillow project made from a set of napkins I found in an antique shop.  That was last September!  Here’s a quick recap…

I started with 4 aqua napkins…

image

Then I used fabric paint to write on them…

Then I procrastinated a really long time…because I wanted zippers, but wasn’t sure I could actually put them in.

Over the Christmas holiday my mom walked me through the zipper sewing process.  I’m not going to lie – it was not my favorite thing to learn, especially since I had to rip it out and redo both zippers several times each!  My mom is a calm and patient teacher, reminding me that every mistake is another opportunity to learn.  Unfortunately for us both, I am NOT a calm or patient learner.

There was some ironing to be done first…

image

That was the easy part.  The sewing was definitely a challenge.

image

I finally got the zippers put in…

.

…but I procrastinated a little longer.

Today I decided the wait was over!  Even though I didn’t have the correct size pillow forms, I think they turned out pretty well.

image

Advertisements

About macfishreed

I'm a former country girl living in the suburbs with my four guys. I enjoy re-using, re-inventing and re-imagining just about anything!
This entry was posted in Projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Finally Finished Pillows

  1. Virginia says:

    Good job, student!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s