Something borrowed, something aqua…

About a year ago, I found a set of four linen napkins the same color as my bedroom.  I love cloth napkins, but I thought they’d make nice pillows for my bedroom.  They’re kind of a Tiffany blue color.  Nice, right?


I saw these pillows in a Ballard catalog and then on a Pinterest post and thought I’d try to recreate them.

I started by printing “Mr.” And “Mrs.” on my printer.  The black is out, so I had to use red.


I laid the template on a sheet of shelf liner that is tacky on the bottom and used an exacto knife to cut out the letters.


Next,  I laid the stencil on the napkin.  The sticky side helped keep it in place.


I used see fabric paint and put on several coats, allowing some drying time in between.


I’m not completely happy with it because the paint bled a little, likely because I was impatient.   I didn’t have time to complete the pillows, but here is what I have done so far.


What do you think?


About macfishreed

I'm a former country girl living in the suburbs with my four guys. I enjoy re-using, re-inventing and re-imagining just about anything!
This entry was posted in Projects and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Something borrowed, something aqua…

  1. overholt8 says:

    Pillows to be look great!
    Paint pen works nice on fabric too, not sure if it would bleed too. I have used stencil spray to keep things still before it works pretty good with little movement but never shelf paper SMART idea!!! Can’t wait to see them when they are completed!


  2. Pingback: Finally Finished Pillows | paradiseroad71

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s